There’s no denying that life as we know has changed dramatically in recent months due to Coronavirus. While most of us are proving resilient and adaptable in the face of these disruptive and unexpected changes, it hasn’t been easy. Students, especially, have had to carry a heavy load. They’re expected to keep up with their schooling, even without the consistent daily presence of teachers and classmates.
Many high schools and universities are conducting fewer online class meetings while at the same time increasing the amount of student independent work. Parents provide support where they can, of course, but work schedules, younger children, and household duties often leave little time or energy left for tending to the educational needs of high school and college students.
At Hawk Educational Solutions, we’re here for you. Our distance learning and supplemental support programs are designed to help students stay organized and on track so they can get the most out of their education. Through online classes, small group, and one-on-one tutoring, we offer customized educational services tailored to the needs of each individual student.
Supplemental support for high school and college students
High school and college students who are currently participating in distance learning programs through their public or private schools are at a particular disadvantage during this time. They’ve been thrust into independent learning, and because they’re older and more independent than younger students, they’re expected to know how to navigate their education on their own. It’s a lot to ask. The more support we can offer students at this time, the better off they’ll be when it’s time to go back to business as usual.
Here are some of the ways Hawk Educational Solutions can help:
- Essay support – Whether writing a college essay, a research essay, or another type of essay, the process involves much more than just writing skills. At Hawk, we help students conduct research, organize their notes, and craft essays that approach even the most complex subject matters with clarity and eloquence. We also offer proofreading and editing services for essays that have already been written.
- Research skills – Research skills are crucial when it comes to online learning in particular. We can help students learn to develop and refine search queries, evaluate their sources for quality and relevance, pursue in-depth information on their subject matter, and explain their findings and observations by way of detailed analysis. Excellent research skills give students a leg-up in all content areas through high school, college, and beyond.
- Reading comprehension – Strong reading comprehension is another invaluable skill that can greatly impact academic success in high school and college. At Hawk, we help students of all fluency levels strengthen their reading comprehension skills so they can understand high level texts of all styles. Our programs are tailored to each individual, and we equip students with a wide range of strategies for tackling demanding reading assignments and absorbing difficult material with efficiency and clarity.
- Study and organizational skills – Distance education offers flexibility and independence, which suits some learners but puts others at a disadvantage. Independent learning requires a particular set of skills that aren’t always taught in schools. At Hawk Educational Solutions, we offer supplemental support in time management, organization, and other important skills necessary for enhancing academic achievement in the distance learning environment.
- Test prep – In April, the College Board announced that if schools do not reopen in the fall, a digital SAT will be available for home use. While this may be convenient, most students have done their school testing in a completely different testing environment than their homes. Without proper planning, preparation, and familiarization with digital testing, students risk poor performance. Our test prep services focus not just on content but also on effective test-taking strategies to help students minimize their anxiety and maximize their time, performance, and test scores.
San Diego Online Classes and Services for High School and College Students
At Hawk Educational Solutions, we’re committed to helping students thrive during Quarantine and beyond. We offer a range of educational services designed to enhance academic success in all subject areas, and for students of all ages. Whether you’re in need of homeschool curriculum, online supplemental support, test preparation, or assistance with college applications, we’re here for you. Give us a call at (619) 300-7231, and let’s get started today.